Journey Home

Sunday, October 4, 2009

VERA BRADLEY'S TICKLED PINK

What an incredible evening! Friday, October 2, I attended the 4th annual Breast Cancer Foundation benefit in Ft Wayne. The most wonderful part is a check in the amount of $10 million dollars was presented to I.U medical breast cancer fund. Is that unbelievable???!! What an evening to share in .....the fact that you are there with 500 other ladies..all in pink , wonderful food and the entertainment....the BEST! If you are an American Idol fan, you will remember, Michael Johns from season seven. OMG! What an amazing talent and what a cutie! My daughter Sara has still not washed her right ear....when he was signing an autograph she mentioned to him a song she loved from his album......he proceeded to sing it into her ear! How cool is that? It was truely a wonderful evening for a great cause. My friend Teresa and I went together and met up with my daughter, who works for VB and my daughter in law Missy and her mom Milly. They also hold a silent auction. I had been asked to make a necklace to be auctioned off. That was exciting for me. Not the best photographer...but wanted to share a few photos from my exciting evening.


Milly and Missy (daughter in-law and her mom)

The View from our seats

The man of the evening.

Teresa and I before the event


My daughter and I


Sara and Michael right after he sang in her ear!!!


Missy and Michael





2 comments:

melissarae said...

This was SUCH a fun night! Definately going next year!! I'm so glad you have gotten back into this blogging thing:)

Jen Kershner said...

That sounds like a wonderful evening and definitely a wonderful cause! I see you are a fellow Hoosier!