Journey Home

Saturday, July 16, 2011

I AM INTO FLEAS

Love all the colors in these vintage sheets. Won't they make adorable dresses? I picked them up a flea market this past week.

A waterfall style dresser. I actually finished this today......turned out beautifully. I painted it a pearl grey. Found some cute vintage wallpaper in greys that I plan to line the drawers with.
I LOVE a good flea market. We went to Strawtown last Thursday. We got there about 10 and people were packing up at noon to leave! After asking around we found out that they actually open up about 5 a.m.! We did get some great deals since people were wanting to leave. One of my best deals was locker baskets.....I have wanted some of these forever......great for storage....
One of my favorite finds of the day! Someone had covered a board in bark cloth and hand painted flowers on the top. It is hard to see but there are nails at an angle.....I hung it in my craft room in my sewing area for thread spools. I LOVE IT!
really.......this had to be from the 70's....


Finished and ready for the sale! We had to do a little repair work on this desk....Rich added beadboard to the ends and cream and black knobs that I picked up at Hobby Lobby.
Ready for the beach house!
This is a storage/cube table.

I am still on a sewing spree. I think that I becoming addicted to fabric. I love sewing these little dresses. It is such a sweet pattern.


the paper-roSE one day sale is next Saturday, July 23, 10-3. Could I not have picked a cooler time of year to do my first "pop-up" sale????? We started sanding and painting this morning at 7. I know our neighbors love us....We have a good assortment of chairs, small table and dressers. Hope you come and check it out!

2 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

what great finds! love that fabric!!! how big do your dresses go up to? emmy would love one and i would love to buy one! let me know how big you make them! :)

Team Tonagel said...

Will be there! See you next Saturday!