Journey Home

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

TO LIVE IN HEARTS WE LEAVE BEHIND IS NOT TO DIE

This is my daughter's friend, Erin. A beautiful, talented, loving friend. Gone much too soon.
Sara and I had gone to Columbus Ohio last week for the Country Living Fair. Our plans were to meet Erin for dinner on Thursday evening. Sara talked to Erin on Monday and she said that she had been to the dr. for sinus infection the previous week. She left her office at 5:30 on Monday. When she got home she experienced breathing problems and called 911. It took 30 minutes to revive her. When we reached Columbus on Thursday, Sara went straight to the hospital.
She called me crying saying that there was nothing that could be done....she was taken off life support Friday morning. My heart breaks. Someone so young, so full of life. I know Sara is left with so many questions. She just kept saying she did not understand. I am so thankful that I was with her. We are reminded again just how precious life is.
As friends gather tomorrow evening for a celebration of Erin's sweet life may be gain comfort in sharing their memories.
Isaiah 61:2....He will comfort all that mourn.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

oh brenda, i am so so sorry. that is terrible and erin was indeed way too young. i am keeping you, sara, and your family and erin's family in my thoughts and prayers.

soneal1225 said...

thanks mom. Love you. 30 is way to young. Especially for someone so full of life. I will miss her and love her the rest of my life.