Journey Home

Sunday, May 11, 2008

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

Sara is home for the weekend and Tyler and Missy came down yesterday. So we had an early mother's day lunch at the Half-Moon Restaurant and Brewery in Kokomo. Really good food and I tried fried pickles for the first time. YUM! I may be hooked. Is there anything that cannot be dipped and deep-fried? I do not think it would make our cardiologist's good food list! My mother's day started early....Jason invited us to Heritage Point for a mother's day program on Monday evening. He is the activities director for one of the Alzheimer's floors at Heritage Point, and he had organized the program for the residents. It was so good. It was a voice class made up of 9 children, ages 8 to 12. They sang songs from The Sound of Music. I kept thinking I was watching America's next American Idols! I am so proud of Jason. I really believe that he is right where the Lord intended him to be. He loves the residents and it is so obvious that they love him. As a mother, to see my son not only happy doing something he loves, but, to watch the reaction of those that he is affecting touches my heart! I hope that you are having a Happy Mother's Day with your loved ones.

No comments: