Journey Home

Sunday, December 12, 2010

WEEKEND OF FUN

We celebrated the Mayberry christmas on Saturday at Heritage Point with my mom. This was a new experience for all of us. But, it felt right. My mom has been through so many BIG changes this year. The fall, hospitalization, move into a nursing facility. But, thankfully she realizes it is the right choice for her. She has adjusted well. She is making friends, she is in a good enviroment. It is good just knowing that someone is taking care of her and that she is safe.
We decided to meet there for Christmas. My brother and all of his family came from Michigan...our kids were all there. We had a great time! We ate, had gift exchange....and our white elephant exchange (which will explain the next picture). And at my mom's request, we played bingo! Who knew that bingo could be so much fun?? Of course, mom has become the bingo queen so she had a little more experience. We had prizes for everyone! Lottery tickets etc. Everyone played. Rich and Sharon were quite the team. I think Rich may have been a 'caller' in a previous life. And Sharon....kind of worried about her....she seemed to know just a little too much about making the game exciting.

Is this a good look or what? It lights up and dances. Everything a hat should be and more! Actuall, Rich ended up loosing it to Jason. Jason plans to wear it at work....the patients will LOVE it!!! I am sure he will bring a smile to many faces!! Sorry Rich...
My niece Marissa and her boyfriend, Sarafin

Mom gets a new sweater!

Shelby and Aaron...first Christmas as a married couple



mother and child........


My brother Terry and wife Sharon.....don't think he looks very enthused..


awwww


My niece Marissa and Maryn



Aaron and grandma

Daddy love.............




Our son Tyler, the daddy to our beautiful granddaughter


I think Sara hears something....











Great grandma Mayberry meets Maryn for the first time..........


Grandma B finally gets her chance ...........have I mentioned that this is one beautiful baby???


This is Captain....my brother's little cock-a-poo.



Tyler, Missy and little Maryn....it was her birthday..1 month!


My daughter Sara, nephew Aaron and Leonda.


This is my son Jason and his girlfriend, Leonda. They brought Leonda's daughters with them...it so good having little ones around again!



This is Emma. She is 5....what a sweet face. She and her sister are smart, funny little girls!



This is Shelby.....














more of the vintage glass beads from my childhood...




I soo love this Santa. My mom and dad put it out every year for as long as I can remember. And I know this sounds crazy, but it has a 'special' smell to it....and it always brings back memories.











No comments: