Journey Home

Monday, May 30, 2011

SALE(ing) ON. . . . .

Thank you for everyone that came out for the sale! I know I have said this before, but I have met the most amazing people through my sales. I look forward to re-connecting with many of them at sale time.
Two of those amazing people.....my daughter Sara. She is my greatest supporter....always encouraging me....with her is one our dearest friends....Ken. We love he and his wife Belinda....she is not in the picture because she is shopping......always like that! Ken comes for the iced lattes and cookies......(only kidding Ken....love you!)

Our celebrity spotting!! This is Lisa Velthouse. She is an author and was in Marion for a book signing. I am reading one of her books right now..."Craving Grace". It is a story of faith, failure. and her search for sweetness. Love it!






Me and my hard-working crew.....my daughter Sara and my friend Bridgette.
Last Thursday Sara's best friend from college flew in for the weekend. Alison lives in Dallas. She is like a daughter to Rich and I. We love her to pieces. She is also a newly wed. We met her and Sara for lunch at the Rusty Dog in Huntington. YUM YUM. They have the best food....and great atmosphere.


My next big project! This Sunday I will be hosting a wedding/shower luncheon for this beautiful girl. My niece Lauren. She and Kraig have dated since high school. They now live in Fishers. Love this girl! She is sweet, smart......beautiful on the inside and out!
Missy and I are giving the shower and have decided on a "vintage Paris theme". (I love themes!)
We have lots of things planned and I am busy decorating....I will post pictures next week. I have family coming in from Michigan and looking forward to the weekend.

Lauren had asked me several months ago to do boxes for her to give to her wedding party. Her colors are black and white. It has been a fun project to work on and I am anxious to give them to her. I hope she likes them. There are 7 total....each one different. Her one request was that each person's monogram was on them.


Each one has a special little pocket on the inside of the lid with a card that Lauren can write a little note on.






I am also working on the next sale. I have decided to do a couple of "pop-up" sale dates. The first one will be on Saturday, July 23. So, I am busily working away!!

2 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

oh i so wish i could have come! it looks amazing! and the boxes are gorgeous- lauren will love them. have fun next weekend, brenda! i think you are onw of the most generous and giving people i know- always doing for others. it's so nice to see!

Betsy said...

Loved your sale!! It's always inspiring to see what is new with your creativity. Love the items I bought ~ part for me ~ part for gifts. Not only do you sell your beautiful creations, but it's exciting to see how you display everything too!! Great pics. also.
Love you Brenda!